Thursday, July 14, 2011

Busses



In a 5 day marathon across Turkey, we spend 3 nights on busses and 1 night in a cave. I highly recommend the cave over the bus because I slept much better in the cave. The cave didn't have air conditioning, but its temperature was better than the bus. There were no crying children in my cave. In the cave, lights did not turn on at 1 -hour intervals and I was able to lay flat in the cave. In addition, if I need to go to the bathroom, there was one in the cave I could use whenever I felt the need and I didn't have to pay extra. I can't say this for the bus.

Seriously, we covered a lot of ground on the bus and by traveling overnight, we were able to accomplish a lot. We went from Istanbult to Cappadocia (where I stayed in a cave hotel), from Cappadocia to Pamakkule, and from Efes back to Istanbul and on to Sophia Bulgaria.

I hope we won't be taking any more overnight busses on this trip.

1 comment:

  1. wow - you hit some incredible spots - and after a while you won't remember the bus but you will always remember pammukale and ephesus (did you sit on the stone toilets??). And - once you sleep in a cave you will want to do it again!! Sounds like a great visit to Turkey.

    ReplyDelete